Fishless Cycling with Plants Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hjsvt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am getting ready to start my first fishless cycle on a 29g in the next couple of days. I have a couple of plants right now (java fern and moss ball) and have a few other low tech plants arriving on Thursday. Based on what I've read the last few days, it's benefical to run the temperature in the mid 80s F for optimum bacteria growth. But the range of temperatures for my plants maxs out at 82 F. So I'm assuming I can run my cycle at about 80-82 F with plants and my plants will be okay but it may take just a little longer to complete my cycle. Just would like verification from some more experienced members who have cycled before with plants. Thank you!

If you have enough plants, the cycle may actually go faster, in spite of the slightly lower temp. Plants also grow BB and act as part of your filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you Coursair! I appreciate that information. Faster would be great but I'm determined to be patient and do it right this time!

Back
Top Bottom