Fizzy water??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loki34829388

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey world I cant imagine it's anything major but I can't find info on the forums. Probably cuz I don't know what it's called.

When I add new water to my tank on a pwc I notice the water fizzes. Much like when u pour pop into a glass. The top makes little bubbles and it pops up.

Also noticed the water does it when I put the water I'm taking out into the bucket I use for pwc.

What is it?
Is it bad?
Prevention?

I have no plants. Well had a sword till last week when I removed it cuz of black algae on it. Don't think it makes a difference but there we go. Also it was doing it while the plant was in it too.

Thanx peeps

:)

Also tank params

Ph 7.5
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
NitrAte 50

This was before I did my change today. Will be checking nitrate late this afternoon

Sounds like nothing to worry about. Are you using a bucket for the water changes? It could just be air as you are adding the water to the tank. Also, if you let the water sit for awhile after getting out of the tap, before adding it to the tank, some of that may go away. There is an aerator on most faucets that mixes a lot of air with the water, aiding in offgassing anything that may be found in the tapwater.

I think a lot of it has to do with pressure from the lines... when the water pressure is changed from in the pipes to in your tank, it bubbles. There may be no truth to that, but I've read that somewhere. Mine does it every time I fill my tanks up during a PWC.

Back
Top Bottom