Fluval Biological Inhancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikismithwin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone used Fluval Biological Inhancer? Have an opinion? I have a 20h that I set up on the 24th of May. I have sand, driftwood, plants, and decor from an established tank. I replaced the filter cartridge, its a top fin 40. Heat is at 82f, there's 6 guppies, a bubbler, coconut shell... I test everyday and nothing is changing. Everything's stuck at a big fat zero... I have liquid and strips. My pH is 7.5 GH 30 kh 60 am, n2, & n3 0 I haven't done any water changes yet. I just wonder if there's not enough biolad to feed the bio enhancer won't it starve? My plan is to add a pair of rams and a shoal of cardinal tetras once its cycled but how do I know when its safe to add them?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Biological Enhancer appears to be bacteria in a bottle. Generally it is hit or miss for cycling, either it works or it doesn't. I've never seen any comments on the Fluval brand, most people do report having success with either Dr. Tim's One and Only or Tetra Safe Start. I'm guessing the success rate is about 40-50% or so from reading various forums.

There will be a small amount of bacteria on the items you transferred but you would have been better off with a piece of the filter media to put in your new filter as that is loaded with bacteria. but right now, I'd guess your tank is cycling since there are no nitrates yet in the tank. You should still be ok, just watch your water parameters and do a 50% water change when your ammonia and/or nitrite start to rise.

Back
Top Bottom