Fluval Chi 5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cornstar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone. I was thinking of getting a fluval chi for my room. It would be to house my 3 guppies. I never personally bred guppies and thought it'll be fun. I had already agreed to donate them to my LFS for free.

My question is is any extra accessory needed for the fluval chi kit? How is the filter?

Also in the near future I may change the tank into saltwater. Is that feasible?

Hm, not sure a Chi would be sufficient for guppies as it's pretty narrow and guppies have a high bioload. What are the guppies in now? A 10 gal tank would be better for a trio of guppies if you can manage it. A Chi would make a nice betta tank or a shrimp tank though (or both if the betta allows the shrimp).

Hm, not sure a Chi would be sufficient for guppies as it's pretty narrow and guppies have a high bioload. What are the guppies in now? A 10 gal tank would be better for a trio of guppies if you can manage it. A Chi would make a nice betta tank or a shrimp tank though (or both if the betta allows the shrimp).

I never imagined guppies to have high bioload. I currently have them in a 10 gallon tank. Apparently they just had fries, which is really surprising because I got them last week.

I think 3 guppies will be fine in that tank- but why are you moving them out of your ten gallon? In a ten gallon you could keep some of the fry- but not in the five gallon. If you keep up ig water changes and a high matinence plan than you sould be fine, but in my opinion you should just keep them in the 10 gal.

The reason I thought about the fluval was because of the look. I thought the tank looked absolutely amazing. But I guess I'll hold them in my 10 gallon.

The reason I thought about the fluval was because of the look. I thought the tank looked absolutely amazing. But I guess I'll hold them in my 10 gallon.

A 5 gal fluval chi would make a great shrimp tank ... Figure a small colony of Red Cherry Shrimp .. You could start with 10. Keep the guppies in the 10 where they'll benefit more.

The Chi is cool to look at but it's functionality is lacking, when I did mine I scrapped the filter/light setup completely and went with a clip on light so I could grow some plants.

Thanks jetajockey. Would you say the same about the fluval edge 12 gallon or the 20 gallon chi?

Back
Top Bottom