Fluval Edge (6 gallon) help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adam_aloi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone. I have been looking around to try to figure out what lighting replacement combinations would be suitable for a planted Fluval Edge (6 gallon), and I have found many different answers. I received this replacement fixture: https://ca-en.hagen.com/Aquatic/Replacement-Parts/A13924 (21 LED).

I am looking to start up a nice planted tank, but I am not sure if this would provide enough lighting for the plants to thrive. Does anyone have suggestions as to whether this is enough/should I buy another fixture (& if so, which one?)?

I am also looking for stocking suggestions for down the road for this tank. I was thinking Okefenokee Pygmy Sunfish or Scarlet Badis, but if anyone has any other input on what worked for their Fluval Edge, feel free to add. Thank you in advance! :)

- Adam

EDIT: This is probably a stretch but this would be too small for Forktail Rainbows, correct?

Hi Adam,

In my Fluval Edge 6 Gallon I have:
•Java Ferns
•Java Moss
•Malaysian Driftwood
•Big rocks?
•Around 50 Red Cherry Shrimp (babies and adults)
I think scarlet badis would work well, but the lighting is only good for low-light plants like java ferns, moss, Anubis, crypts, dwarf sag and some others? Good Luck!

Fish_Fan

I have the 12g edge. All my plants are low light but I may just spring for a Finnex or Current Satellite light and set it on top the tank. Not exactly attractive but it's in my bedroom so I don't care. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the replies! :)

Anyone have input in regard to adding Pseudomugil furcatus?

Back
Top Bottom