Foam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just a newbie, but I can't help wondering if the ammonia your using is the problem. I've seen several posts on here from people that said that they discovered that their ammonia had additives in it that made it foam. Try shaking your ammonia bottle to see if it foams, cause if it does, it's not pure ammonia. Just a thought....

starquest said:
I'm just a newbie, but I can't help wondering if the ammonia your using is the problem. I've seen several posts on here from people that said that they discovered that their ammonia had additives in it that made it foam. Try shaking your ammonia bottle to see if it foams, cause if it does, it's not pure ammonia. Just a thought....

Yeah, that completely slipped my mind...good catch. Make sure the ammonia doesn't contain surfactants, dyes, perfumes, detergents, etc... What brand is it?

eco23 said:
Yeah, that completely slipped my mind...good catch. Make sure the ammonia doesn't contain surfactants, dyes, perfumes, detergents, etc... What brand is it?

It's a grocery store brand. Clear, potent, shook it and no bubbles, open and it smells like cat urine.

Water change showed immediate results and then I thought 'hmmmmm, I'll try an experiment' took a gallon of water, shook it, no bubbles. Then, I put the dose of conditioner into it, shook it, :facepalm: , bubbles. I have no idea why I didn't try that to begin with.

I'm going to keep watching the tank for any more bubbles. I think if it was the conditioners, I'll flush it by the time I'm ready to put ro/di water in there

Attachments

• image-2303502471.jpg
    image-2303502471.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom