Foggy water during cycling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy0416

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am on day 5 of cycling my 75 gallon tank with no fish. The water has been crystal clear until today. It's starting to get really foggy. Is this normal? Is there something I need to be adding to it?

Also, the tank is filled with city water. I know I need to get the chlorine out of there. Any suggestions as to a product that does that successfully?

Thanks!

What are you using to start your tank off? I usually use some of the Start Right tablets and they work great for me. They are like two bucks at Walmart

Use Prime or API stress coat, but any dechlorinator is fine. You should dechlorinate it ASAP!
The cloudiness is just a bacterial bloom, it will go away just don't do anything different. Basically, bacteria is just building up in your water.

One other thing that can help reduce bacterial bloom in some situations ids to reduce the number of hours your tank is lit.

Okay, I will try that. Thanks everyone! At least I know the fogginess is normal now.

Back
Top Bottom