Found a tank for sale...[Update...bought it!!!]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Sara......... :D, it's times like this that I feel badly that so much geography seperates so many of us. I'd love to come over and help you get that whole thing set up. I'm still just a keyboard away if you need any help with your new discus.
Hope you enjoy and good luck.

Brian

Sara, when are you coming down to Calgary? If you need help packing the tank and fish, please let me know! If I am available, I will help out!

:D :D :D

Seriously, if any of you Calgarians (or any other of you fishie types) are in Edmonton, just let me know! I'd love to show off my tanks and talk shop! (talk fish?)

BrianNY said:
Hey Sara......... , it's times like this that I feel badly that so much geography seperates so many of us. I'd love to come over and help you get that whole thing set up. I'm still just a keyboard away if you need any help with your new discus.
Hope you enjoy and good luck.

Brian, you have no idea how much I appreciate your help, be it the in person version or the online version. I hope that you won't get sick of all of my questions...be forewarned, there are lots of them! :?

Menagerie said:
Sara, when are you coming down to Calgary? If you need help packing the tank and fish, please let me know! If I am available, I will help out!

Thanks so much, Menagerie! I'm looking at coming down either October 9 or 16 (both Saturdays). I'll let you know if I need reinforcements :D

Menagerie............skiing????????????? Ahhhh to be young again. I used to LOVE that.

Ask all the questions you want Sara. I'm here to help you as best I can. :wink:

Ya BrianNY you can come see your fan club in person! :)

Tortis do you get lots of tickets? :)

Sara make sure you post pics of your discus once your all set up!

I would go for it too....i bought a 55 w/filters/hood/stand for 495 us. I would def pay the extra for the wood/fish/40 more gallons. I say.....what the hell, u only live once. :p

Menagerie............skiing?????????????
We only crosscountry ski. If you're not into snow, I can make a killer cup of cocoa!

Thanks so much, Menagerie! I'm looking at coming down either October 9 or 16 (both Saturdays). I'll let you know if I need reinforcements
Trevor and I will be around both Saturdays. I am glad it's not this weekend. webmoose--will you be able to help if needed?
Trevor and I moved our 80 gal up here without too much hassle (of course, we moved everything else too)! What are you going to put the tank in? Do you have a truck? You will want lots of blankets and clean buckets with lids. You will need buckets for fish and gravel and some lawn and leaf bags for the wood (which, I am so jealous of!).

Sara said:
:D :D :D

Seriously, if any of you Calgarians (or any other of you fishie types) are in Edmonton, just let me know! I'd love to show off my tanks and talk shop! (talk fish?)

Coming up for the ASE auction next month!

Thanks so much, Menagerie! I'm looking at coming down either October 9 or 16 (both Saturdays). I'll let you know if I need reinforcements :D

I think the TFBA has a big fish auction here Either the 3rd or the 10th.....probably shouldn't have mentioned that, eh? :lol:

Menagerie - I think the 9th I am around. I think the 16th I'm toast. :)

Toirtis - 130 K.. I would be afraid of those state troopers! Of course you should mention auctions and stuff! :)

Sara - I can help you ziplock up the Discus if you like. (joke)

Alberta troopers must be different than the Ontario troopers. You would get run over by the troopers in Ontario at ONLY 80 mph (130km). Of course, that is New York State trooper behavior, and they're pretty close...

Paul

The typical highway speed limits here are 110kph...and you are good to 130kph...the RCMP usually reserve their efforts for the many that do 140kph and better..or if you are driving dangerously/erratically.

toirtis said:
Coming up for the ASE auction next month!

I'll be there! But hopefully I'll manage to restrain myself :D Anyone else going?

Menagerie said:
Trevor and I moved our 80 gal up here without too much hassle (of course, we moved everything else too)! What are you going to put the tank in? Do you have a truck? You will want lots of blankets and clean buckets with lids. You will need buckets for fish and gravel and some lawn and leaf bags for the wood (which, I am so jealous of!).

The plan so far is that we're going to rent a van. We'll need to buy a few buckets (all of the ones we have don't have lids), and track down some blankets. I just finished talking to Bernie and there is a good possibility that I'll be able to get some BioSpira by then...so if we do, the decor will just get thrown into garbage bags, no worrying about bacteria required!

toirtis said:
The typical highway speed limits here are 110kph...and you are good to 130kph...the RCMP usually reserve their efforts for the many that do 140kph and better..or if you are driving dangerously/erratically.

We usually speed like crazy on the highway, but my boyfriend's parents are moving out of the country so the car insurance now has to be under his name. This, of course, is horribly expensive when one is under 25 and lives in Alberta... So the moral of the story? Just one speeding ticket=no more car :cry: Sad, I know.

Menagerie and webmoose, I'll let you know what the plan is...once I figure it out. Thanks so much again for offering to help...you rock! Just like discus rock! :D

Back
Top Bottom