Found free tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just found an ad on Craigslist for a 15g tall tank with a Dalmatian Molly, 2 cherry shrimp, 1 ghost shrimp and a TON of snails as it's put...
Includes:
Filter, heater, light, mesh top, gravel vacc, food, water conditioner

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

I already emailed the person... It's ALSO in my city!

It looks like it's those tiny little invasive snails... What can I do with them? My plan would be to gut the tank and start over... Eliminating all snails... What do I do with them??
Oh also, this is a well established tank... Can I add the Molly in my 29g and keep shrimp in 15g and add platy babies when they grow bigger for my little guy?
I wanted a 10g but I can't resist FREE

For snails, you can try snail eating species of loaches or assassin snails. Or you can always try the slice of lettuce and manually fish them out. I've found that if you remove all live plants, and feed your fish considerably less, they're more attracted to the lettuce so their easier to get out.

free is always great. I would take it too. cant help with the snails tho, sorry

ocminpin said:
I left the woman a voicemail and email... No response yet.. And ad was deleted 45 mins after it was posted :-(

That stinks!!! That also happened to me today and with free gravel :/

Aquarist27 said:
Thats what makes me so reluctant to rely on craiglist for anything.

Very true unluckily :/ happens too many times to me thinking getting new tank.

Aquarist27 said:
Thats what makes me so reluctant to rely on craiglist for anything.

I got my 20g L new--used for one wk for a turtle.. Perfect condition for $20

And

My 29g that came with filter, extra pads, hood, light strip, 2 bulbs, colosseum for $40

I got my 20g L new--used for one wk for a turtle.. Perfect condition for $20

And

My 29g that came with filter, extra pads, hood, light strip, 2 bulbs, colosseum for $40

I tottaaly take back what I said! after reading about your goodluck I went on craigslist today and got myself a new 20g just the tank for 10$!

Bummer about the tank. I always contact people on craiglist and then find out that the tank was sold the instant it was put up. :( Better luck next time.

I got a 10 gallon half moon with all the stuff for $10 last week, and a lady is delivering a 25 gallon with all of the stuff to me today for $30. I <3 craigslist!!! :D

Jill said:
I got a 10 gallon half moon with all the stuff for $10 last week, and a lady is delivering a 25 gallon with all of the stuff to me today for $30. I <3 craigslist!!! :D

WOW!!! how great! I think craigslist is where I'll get my sons tank... How great! :-D

That's a great deal Jill! I found a listing from habitats for humanity they were selling a 30g a 20g long and then the 20g tall which was the only one left when I got there. I'll deffinately keep looking out for good deals from now on hah :D

That's a great deal Jill! I found a listing from habitats for humanity they were selling a 30g a 20g long and then the 20g tall which was the only one left when I got there. I'll deffinately keep looking out for good deals from now on hah :D

I'm a craigslist stalker....I refresh the page all day....lol. Be sure you check in the pets section besides just checking "all for sale/wanted". And search for both fish tank and aquarium. Some times they're listed as "fishtank" too. Don't be afraid to make offers...most aquarium sellers are VERY motivated.

Yeah, I have a problem....:hide:.....lol.

Jill said:
I'm a craigslist stalker....I refresh the page all day....lol. Be sure you check in the pets section besides just checking "all for sale/wanted". And search for both fish tank and aquarium. Some times they're listed as "fishtank" too. Don't be afraid to make offers...most aquarium sellers are VERY motivated.

Yeah, I have a problem....:hide:.....lol.

Oh, I do the same thing! I am always trying new search words to see if it turns anything new up... Is anyone else going bonkers from all the baby stuff that comes up when you search aquarium? Lol...

Back
Top Bottom