found my shrimps shell on the bottom.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Revenantwing

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is he dead or shedding? i only found the head and the tail not the body. Was he eaten by my betta? He was an amano shrimp thats about his size. I dont want to look for my shrimp because i dont wanna stress my betta out since hes a bit ill.

It's most likely just a molt. They do this quite often, then will hide for a few days while their new shell hardens. I wouldn't worry yet.

when crustaceans moult they eat there exoskeloten to regain some of the calcium that was lost,and when they moult they hide until there new shell hardens,so thats probably it.why is this in saltwater and reef?arent amanos and most bettas freshwater?

i keep posting in the wrong area D:. but its just their head and tail wheres the rest of their body?

your shrimp ate the exoskeloten,or at least what isnt left...or your betta got hungry,but i doubt that happenned.

im not sure about shrimp,but a lot of crustaceans come out slightly differently coloured

im sure its fine,every time my crayfish moults she is a slightly different shade of blue.

crap i just found another shrimp tail at the bottom but this time it had flesh inside.

Back
Top Bottom