Free 50 gallon tank from my friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryleyman

Aquarium Advice Freak
How do I stalk a fish tank and what can I put in the 50 gallon

What do you like? Go to liveaquaria.com and make a list of freshwater species you like and we'll tell you what's compatible with what.
Stocking isn't hard if you know what you're doing.

I like the Cory's gouramies the bichirs the Plecos and some loaches

Please tell us specifically what species you like the most as different species within a genus vary greatly
i.e. The panda cories or blue gouramis

Sail fin Pleco,clown loach,hillstream loach,pearl and dwarf gouramies,cuvier bichir,panda cory cat,Indian dwarf puffer,badis,ghost glass cat and African butterfly fish

Ryleyman said:
Sail fin Pleco,clown loach,hillstream loach,pearl and dwarf gouramies,cuvier bichir,panda cory cat,Indian dwarf puffer,badis,ghost glass cat and African butterfly fish

These are the fish that work(not all together)-
Panda cories
African butterfly fish
Dwarf gourami
Pearl gourami
Fish that will not work-
Sailfin pleco
Clown loach
Fish that may work-
Hillstream Loach
Indian Dwarf Puffer(need species tank, however you could have 10 of them)
Glass catfish
Badis
Cuevier Bichir

I recommend a stock list along these lines-
6 panda cories
1 pearl or dwarf gourami
1 bristlenose or pitbull pleco
6 neon tetras or cardinal tetras or other small schooling fish
3 male guppies

What type of plants and how much would you think all of these fish will cost all together?

I like the last option you said with the 10 puffers and the bichir and stuff

Ryleyman said:

Those weren't lists of what works together just lists of wether the fish does or doesn't fit in the tank

I really want the puffers

What type of plants and how much would you think all of these fish will cost all together?

Emerald76 what plants????

These are the fish that work(not all together)-
Panda cories
African butterfly fish
Dwarf gourami
Pearl gourami
Fish that will not work-
Sailfin pleco
Clown loach
Fish that may work-
Hillstream Loach
Indian Dwarf Puffer(need species tank, however you could have 10 of them)
Glass catfish
Badis
Cuevier Bichir
I'l reply in order to the quotes
1.The puffers need a species only tank so you could have only the puffers and no other fish.You need to feed the puffers snails and such to maintain beaks.
2.You CANNOT have all of these fish together.These are only fish that work in your tank,not all together.Search liveaquariua.com for costs
3.The puffers,bichir,hillstream loach,badis,and glass catfish CANNOT all go together.For example you could have glass cats and badis,OR puffers,OR bichirs,OR hillstream loaches.Not all together.That list was what may work in the tank however not all of the fish on the lists can live together,such as the bichir which need species tanks like puffers but not WITH puffers
4.liveaquaria has a huge plant selection but some easy beginner plants are-
java moss
java fern
cambomba
foxtail
anarchis
marimo moss ball
hornwort
anubias nana
wisteria

Not other gourami
Schooling fish and peaceful bottom feeders do well with gourami as do some livebearers like platies and swordtails

If you want cichlids I highly suggest a species only unless you want dwarf cichlids. If you want larger aggressive cichlids you could get 1 blue acara and a firemouth with a bristlenose Pleco that would look nice.

Ryleyman said:
How many gouramies could I get? In it??

Depends on the species of gourami
Also what are you going to stock in the tank or do you want to center the tank around some gourami and add fish around them?
Not stuffing your tank with fish is a good idea

Back
Top Bottom