Fresh Start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rich42082

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Starting up a 90 gallon fresh water tank. What's a decent filtration system? I'm looking for a good quality canister filter.

Also does GPH matter in a fresh water tank? How much do I need?

This tank will also have live plants in it. Any information on live plants is greatly appreciated. Do I need strong lights for them?

Also what's better a hob or canister filter?

You want enough filter action depending what the tank will actually be? Do you want a heavy planted tank or an mostly fish tank. Also a hob filter should do a pretty good job.

It'll be mostly fish with a couple plants. It'll probably be over stocked with fish though.

Not sure. This tank is not mine. I had it setup as a sw reef tank but I upgraded to a bigger tank. It's my wife's tank now and I'm helping her pick out the equipment. My wife is picking all the fish and plants.

Thanks. Would I be able to attach the canister into my drain and return pipes?

Thanks. Would I be able to attach the canister into my drain and return pipes?
I guess i dont completely understand what you mean. Are you saying your tank is drilled? All canisters ( at least new ones anyway) have pipes and tubes come with them for output and input for the tank.

Well i'm not sure if it would hook up with your pipes, they may be different sizes. You could always cap off the holes though if you wanted too.

Back
Top Bottom