Fresh to Brackish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya you just gotta wait. When you just start a tank it will always be cloudy for a couple of days. It's just a good bacteria bloom that is establishing in your tank. Once the eat up all the stuff it will clear up.

But ya that should look really good

Added a new rock I bought and added 1 tbsp of of instant ocean . Waiting waiting ....

Attachments

• image-2106275203.jpg
    image-2106275203.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 90
jennagsimpson said:
Not sure I'm loving this sand to much . Everytime I move something it gets extremely cloudy :/

It looks great! If you're going with live plants, the roots should help hold it down a bit.

SO MUCH FOR HATING A CLOUDY TANK ! My two year old bundle of joy just dumped a brand new container of mysis flake food into the tank !!! How do I handle this ???

Attachments

• image-751095406.jpg
    image-751095406.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 91
jennagsimpson said:
SO MUCH FOR HATING A CLOUDY TANK ! My two year old bundle of joy just dumped a brand new container of mysis flake food into the tank !!! How do I handle this ???

:eek: time to find a higher shelf... LOTS of water changes... You're really lucky you don't have fish in it lol.

jennagsimpson said:
I'm emptying the tank . Back to square one ....

It's ok. :) not the first time it's happened around here. At least it wasn't froot loops lol. Just... Don't let her feed your fish. She needs to work on the proportions first ;) rofl.

Not sure if you already picked up your hydrometer, but I reco this one for BW since it gives lower SG readings than most: Amazon.com: Full Range Hydrometer For Aquariums: Kitchen & Dining

If it's an already cycled tank you want to add the salt slowly so you don't kill your beneficial bacteria. Start with no more than 1tsp per gallon. My SG was at 1.004 when I got the gobies. I left them there for a while, and then began slowly raising it to 1.008.

Thanks ! He has quite a bit of portion control to learn about ! Lol ( gotta laugh to keep from crying ! ) and I ordered one should be coming in tuesday , thanks :)

Tanks back up and I'm happy with my tank out come ! It's not cloudy anymore lol ! Maybe that sand just needed 4 extra rinses ;)

jennagsimpson said:
Tanks back up and I'm happy with my tank out come ! It's not cloudy anymore lol ! Maybe that sand just needed 4 extra rinses ;)

Awesome! Don't be too upset... It could have been waaaay worse lol... It could've had fish in it! ;) just shake it off, and concentrate on getting it ready for fish. :) (and find a higher shelf for that fish food...) I'm glad the sand cleared up though!

Ha see everything happens for a reason! You will love your brackish tank just as much as I do! I'm excited to see your gobies. I have literally never seen any at any of my lfs. I even work at one and we have everything! Except those lol

I love my bumblebees ! I bought them fresh water , read up on them learned they were bw but some people have had long term success keeping them fresh with it being on the hard side so I did . I've really grown attached to them so I decided to take the plunge w/ BW and set up a spieces tank . As nervous as salt makes me I want what's best for them . Just picked up my hydrometer , some MORE ;) meaty flakes , and some blue toed hermits and a nertrite ?? Snail :) . I'm so pleased with my tank ! Salt really isn't as scary as I thought ..

jennagsimpson said:
I love my bumblebees ! I bought them fresh water , read up on them learned they were bw but some people have had long term success keeping them fresh with it being on the hard side so I did . I've really grown attached to them so I decided to take the plunge w/ BW and set up a spieces tank . As nervous as salt makes me I want what's best for them . Just picked up my hydrometer , some MORE ;) meaty flakes , and some blue toed hermits and a nertrite ?? Snail :) . I'm so pleased with my tank ! Salt really isn't as scary as I thought ..

I know right?! I'm about to dive into saltwater as well. It's not nearly as scary as I thought it'd be! Well at least... Not as scary as a 2 year old with a new bottle of fish food *gulp* lol.

My waters SG is 1.008 , I added 1 tbsp yesterday .

Attachments

• image-3444661012.jpg
    image-3444661012.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 88
  • image-589919862.jpg
    image-589919862.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image-650495871.jpg
    image-650495871.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 81
Homedog98 said:
I know right?! I'm about to dive into saltwater as well. It's not nearly as scary as I thought it'd be! Well at least... Not as scary as a 2 year old with a new bottle of fish food *gulp* lol.

Hahaha you said a mouth full ! Or should I say tank full ;)

Ok problem with my snail , it hasn't moved at all since it put it in my tank . Hermits are fine crawling around . Is it dead ?

jennagsimpson said:
Ok problem with my snail , it hasn't moved at all since it put it in my tank . Hermits are fine crawling around . Is it dead ?

Smell it. It's probably still adjusting, but if it smells defunked, it is defunked lol.

Back
Top Bottom