Fritz-Zyme Turbo Start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnythan

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is good stuff.

I picked some up at the LFS the night I start putting my new 20 gallon tank together. They told me they used it to cycle their store when they moved it, and they were fully cycled in about 5 days.

The product must stay refrigerated and has a shelf-life of about 3 months.

I filled the tank, dechlorinated, added household ammonia til I saw 4 ppm, then added half an ounce of Fritz-Zyme Turbo Start.

This morning, barely 36 hours later, I'm already seeing 0.5 - 1.0 ppm nitrites. No nitrates yet, but it hasn't even been two days.

Cost about $10 but well worth it.

Keep an eye on the results Jonnythan and make sure you actually prove success before you declare victory. It may be helping but it would be best to actually know before adding any fish.

This is good stuff.

I picked some up at the LFS the night I start putting my new 20 gallon tank together. They told me they used it to cycle their store when they moved it, and they were fully cycled in about 5 days.

The product must stay refrigerated and has a shelf-life of about 3 months.

I filled the tank, dechlorinated, added household ammonia til I saw 4 ppm, then added half an ounce of Fritz-Zyme Turbo Start.

This morning, barely 36 hours later, I'm already seeing 0.5 - 1.0 ppm nitrites. No nitrates yet, but it hasn't even been two days.

Cost about $10 but well worth it.

This is perfect. I have a 46 gallon freshwater that went from one fish to many. My one fish died so the granddaughter surprised me with a bag of glofish danios. (she doesn't understand the "cycle" thing :rolleyes:) Also just set up a 1 and a half gallon medical and/or fry tank. The 46 gallon has an ammonia spike of about 2+ as of today because of the additional load, 0 nitrites and about 10 nitrates. I'm using a fishless cycle on the one and a half gallon. Today it is at 6 + ammonia, no nitrites or nitrates. For the last week I've kept it at 1.0 but got impatient and added much more today. I ordered the fritz turbo start and it was shipped today for a delivery tomorrow.

It would be interesting to share our experiences with this product, particularly with the 1 and a half gallon tank with such a high ammonia reading... :p

Back
Top Bottom