From a bad aquarium to a nanoscape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Bubble00

Aquarium Advice Regular
Back before I used to have like 5 goldfishes in my 16 gallon, I removed them all and decided to make it a nanoscape, but I need some recommendations and advice from all of you guys.

Right now what I have in my 16 gallon is this: IMG-20180420-WA0001.jpg. 4 Rosy Barbs that I am planning to give to my LFS, 3 Zebra Danio, 4 Platies, 2 Olive Nerites, and a SAE.

Here are my questions to you guys:

-Should I add more Zebra Danios and Platies? If not, can I add some different species fishes like maybe Neon Tetras or any other small fishes? How about RCS?

-For that blank space with gravel, I am planning to put carpet plants, but I'm thinking whether I should buy Java Moss or Dwarf Hairgrass (perhaps you guys can recommend me too), not only that, I am also planning to put a medium sized rock in the middle of that blank space with gravel.

-Regarding that completely blank space, I will add gravels and currently don't know what plant should I put there.

Alright, that is all what I can ask and tell, I will try to make this post an active one and keep on updating it.

Back before I used to have like 5 goldfishes in my 16 gallon, I removed them all and decided to make it a nanoscape, but I need some recommendations and advice from all of you guys.

Right now what I have in my 16 gallon is this: View attachment 308547. 4 Rosy Barbs that I am planning to give to my LFS, 3 Zebra Danio, 4 Platies, 2 Olive Nerites, and a SAE.

Here are my questions to you guys:

-Should I add more Zebra Danios and Platies? If not, can I add some different species fishes like maybe Neon Tetras or any other small fishes? How about RCS?

-For that blank space with gravel, I am planning to put carpet plants, but I'm thinking whether I should buy Java Moss or Dwarf Hairgrass (perhaps you guys can recommend me too), not only that, I am also planning to put a medium sized rock in the middle of that blank space with gravel.

-Regarding that completely blank space, I will add gravels and currently don't know what plant should I put there.

Alright, that is all what I can ask and tell, I will try to make this post an active one and keep on updating it.

:eek:Good move getting those goldfish out of there. Zebra danio´s are much too active to be in such a small tank. I recommend that you return the platy´s and the SAE with the barbs. You are really overstocked, even without the barbs. You could add a small school of neons (6) and keep the snails. You could also add shrimp. You´ll need good lighting for dwarf hairgrass. Java moss does well in lower light setups.

Check out rachel O'leary on YouTube, she loves nanofish and has a ton of species spotlights on all of the great ones out there. You could set up an amazing tank with those fish

Back
Top Bottom