Frozen food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perryuk

Aquarium Advice Activist
How is it best to introduce ? The man lfs said he jus drops the ice cube in an it melts. It's a cichlid mix cube
Thanks

I usually use a small glass, add alittle bit of tank water and put the frozen cube into it, then let the glass float in the tank while it warms up.

Ok that's sounds a better way to me too thanks

Make sure you rinse it with a bit of aquarium water before, then let it for 1-2minutes. If you're fish are competitive/aggressive, they should tear pieces out of it, if not, leave it for longer so it can be softer.

Sorry for intruding on the subject, but I have a ??? I have a community tank, and one German Ram. When I feed flack and so forth, the guppies and tetras all eat the food first! My Ram is a mid tank eater. Currently I take a flex-tube square, attached to a paper clip so it will go down, and tie a bit of thread to it. I leave it dangle for about two minutes. The cubes you are talking about, do they sink or float? Is there any food, other than algae tablets that sink? Don't really have a LFS to ask.

I also thaw the cubes out in a glass with a little tank water, I use a eye dropper to feed, so I don't over feed and have food left in in the tank.

I also thaw the cubes out in a glass with a little tank water, I use a eye dropper to feed, so I don't over feed and have food left in in the tank.
Well, thawing is good, but it depends. If you have big fish, and you thaw bloodworms too much, it will make alot of small bits, and they will have a hard time getting it. I would suggest keeping it in a reasonable chunk size.

Sorry for intruding on the subject, but I have a ??? I have a community tank, and one German Ram. When I feed flack and so forth, the guppies and tetras all eat the food first! My Ram is a mid tank eater. Currently I take a flex-tube square, attached to a paper clip so it will go down, and tie a bit of thread to it. I leave it dangle for about two minutes. The cubes you are talking about, do they sink or float? Is there any food, other than algae tablets that sink? Don't really have a LFS to ask.

I have tetramin discs that if you hold under the water they sink if that's any help to you.

I have a ram too, she likes to feed on the bottom as well. When I do feed flakes, I'll soak them first in a spoon of tank water so they start to sink right away when I pour them in. Mostly I feed New Life Spectrum small community pellets and I soak those first as well so they go right to the bottom; the ram feeds on them as they fall and then picks the rest off of the sand. She also likes to eat the algae or veggie or shimp pellets that I give to my other fish (my ram is a pig lol).

I have a ram too, she likes to feed on the bottom as well. When I do feed flakes, I'll soak them first in a spoon of tank water so they start to sink right away when I pour them in. Mostly I feed New Life Spectrum small community pellets and I soak those first as well so they go right to the bottom; the ram feeds on them as they fall and then picks the rest off of the sand. She also likes to eat the algae or veggie or shimp pellets that I give to my other fish (my ram is a pig lol).

Your ram isn't the onIy one, mine is a huge pig too! He catches the shrimp pellets as they float down, he also keeps it in his mount until he eats it all, never spits it out, it's pretty funny to watch actually.

Your ram isn't the onIy one, mine is a huge pig too! He catches the shrimp pellets as they float down, he also keeps it in his mount until he eats it all, never spits it out, it's pretty funny to watch actually.

My africans do that too.. i have to feed some hikari floatin pellets n some omega one sinkin pellets then i change it up n feed repashy every other day.. i have top middle n bottom feeders its hilarious to watch .. :)

Back
Top Bottom