frustrated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
problem not water DONT know what to do

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When you do a water change, are you treating the water with any kind of conditioner? Also, when you do a water change, are you adding water straight from the tap to the tank or are you adding it to buckets first?

I put it in buckets then I put primer in the tap water let it stand for awhile then clean tank bang out the filter in the dirty bucket I put the filter back in then I add the water slowly not to disturb the gravel I never touch the bio filter
my tank has been cycling for 3 wks now
w/c daily 2x

problem not water DONT know what to do

How do you know the problem isn't the water? If you've only been cycling the tank for 3 weeks then that's a sign it's probably not fully cycled yet. Did you have someone test the water? What were the readings?

I would think that since it wasn't cycled first, doing daily water changes are preventing the cycle from finishing (in a timely manner).

Get a kit so you can test it every day, and then only do your water changes when the levels are unacceptable until the cycle has finished. Then you can get on a regular schedule.

Agree with the above posts. 3 weeks doesnt sound cycled and this just sounds like far too much activity. 2x water changes per day plus everything else going on.

OK first, get a test kit. Forget clarifiers, filters, etc. Get that kit. Priority. Measure all your water parameters, daily. Check your tap water parameters too.

Second, use Prime in each WC. Constant big water changes to uncycled tank multiple times per day actually contributes and fuels the cloudiness. Just sounds like bloom because the water never gets to settle. If you Prime your WC and tank it will render the water toxics inert for 24 to 48 hours so you don't have to disturb the water multiple times per day. Like the post above said, WC only when levels become unacceptable.

UPDATE :

since I have left the tank alone it seems to be clearing up.
have no numbers yet
feedings have changed since the frogs started picking off the the guppies and the red roses.so they haven't been to excited to eat the shrimp pellet

Back
Top Bottom