Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

full tank?

I have a cycled (3 month active) 55 gal. aquarium. I now have 13 zebra danios, 5 weather loaches, 3 hillstream loaches, and 2 black moors.

I think I am full, but I am thinking another school of small fish such *** white clouds.I am using a Marineland bio wheel and a small powerhead for filtration.
Any Ideas?

Old 07-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I would worry more about the stocking compatibility rather than how full the tank is.

The hillstream loaches need a tank with very very fast current, which is exactly the opposite of what the black moor need. The hillstreams really only belong in very specific set ups.

The danios also do well in heavy flow cold water tanks so they could go with the hillstream loaches.

The black moors will get big enough to eat the danios.

The dojo loaches don't particularly like heavy flow water.

If I were you, I would pick either the danios and hillstream loaches or the back moor and dojo loaches and rehome the other group. They just aren't compatible with each other.

If you pick the hillstream / danio group then I would increase the water flow in your tank to about 20x the tank volume per hour in flow.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thnaks for your insights. I was planning onmoving the moorss and getting a 500gph powerhed to replace my 250. to keep sthe dojos \ hillstreams together by giving the hillstreams a rapids to live in within the tank.

Tags
tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com