full tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

praedld

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a cycled (3 month active) 55 gal. aquarium. I now have 13 zebra danios, 5 weather loaches, 3 hillstream loaches, and 2 black moors.

I think I am full, but I am thinking another school of small fish such *** white clouds.I am using a Marineland bio wheel and a small powerhead for filtration.
Any Ideas?

I would worry more about the stocking compatibility rather than how full the tank is.

The hillstream loaches need a tank with very very fast current, which is exactly the opposite of what the black moor need. The hillstreams really only belong in very specific set ups.

The danios also do well in heavy flow cold water tanks so they could go with the hillstream loaches.

The black moors will get big enough to eat the danios.

The dojo loaches don't particularly like heavy flow water.

If I were you, I would pick either the danios and hillstream loaches or the back moor and dojo loaches and rehome the other group. They just aren't compatible with each other.

If you pick the hillstream / danio group then I would increase the water flow in your tank to about 20x the tank volume per hour in flow.

Thnaks for your insights. I was planning onmoving the moorss and getting a 500gph powerhed to replace my 250. to keep sthe dojos \ hillstreams together by giving the hillstreams a rapids to live in within the tank.

Back
Top Bottom