fully stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anne03

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 25 gallon tank with an Aqueon Quietflow 30 filter. My tank is moderately planted (anubias, crypts, dwarf sagittaria, red melon sword, java fern, etc.).

Current fish:
3 guppies
1 platy
7 harlequin rasboras
1 rubbernose pleco

Could I add 6 cardinal tetras or 1 more platy? Should I add a filter?

You're at capacity now but you might be able to squeeze another platy in there without severely overstocking the tank. I'd hold off on any schools though. Also the pleco should be in a tank that's a bit larger, so you might want to think about upgrading especially as he grows, or return/rehome the pleco and get your cardinals. The Quiet Flow is rated for 45 gals so it should be OK but they generally advertise a higher rating than they actually filter so a larger or second filter wouldn't hurt. Also the pleco would like to munch on driftwood to aid in digestion if you don't already have it. I'd also change out at least 50% of the water per week and vacuum the substrate regularly to keep things clean.

Thanks librarygirl!

My only concern is about vacuuming the substrate when there are so many plants there. I guess I'll only vacuum the empty spaces?

Back
Top Bottom