Fun Fishes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danf310

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there, I recently purchased a nice 30 gallon bow front tank ;) and I'm looking into what fish I can get. It's currently cycling right now but I want to know what type of fish I can get once it's ready.

I'm looking for fun, energetic fishes that have personalities and are, well fun to watch. I have a lot of caves and decorations that I would like to see fish explore. It will be heavily planted so please no plant eaters like silver dollars please haha. I would prefer schooling fish or community friendly fishes. No barbs, I already have a barb specific tank :cool:

Thanks for your suggestions! :thanks:

I've been considering loaches actually! I have rams haha, maybe I should list the ones I already have.

So far, I have:

Tiger barbs
Black skirt tetras
Bolivian and blue rams
Platys
Neons
and White clouds

Rivercats said:
Check out Threadfin Rainbowfish they are small but the males have magnificant fins and when you keep both males and females they zip around displaying at other males and females. I have 12 and am considering getting more.

Threadfin Rainbow - Large Tropical Freshwater Fish for Sale

Another interesting fish as far as the same displaying as above are Spotted Blue-eyes.

Spotted Blue-eye - Medium Tropical Freshwater Fish for Sale

I saw these while looking on oddball fish.com looking for an albino longfin pleco and it's a very eye catching fish for sure!

I've had cory cats before and they have personality and are pretty active. I had the peppered cory cats, but I like the look of the false julii cory cat better.

Back
Top Bottom