Getting my 29g back!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darby

Aquarium Advice Activist
It has sat around for a long time at my parents house unused. Just wondering if I can use the gravel inside, or if I should buy new stuff.

I'm picking it up tomorrow morning, and doing a PWC in my 10g later in the day. Should I put that water into my 29g to help it cycle? I'm going to take the dirty filter and use that in the 29g too.

I haven't had multiple tanks in the past and, I'm just wondering if this would be the best route to go.

Filter, yes. Water, no. As far as the gravel, thats really your choice. Have you considered sand? Much easier to maintain IMO. Also, make sure you get some sort of ammonia source in there as soon as you get it all set up so your bacteria from the filter don't die off.

Where is the best place to get ammonia? Stupid question, I know. I've always done my cycling with fish.

I really wouldn't do the fish flake food method because it can cause algae b/c of phosphates. You can get pure ammonia at the hardware store maybe also the grocery store.

from, Adam

10-4.
Will it be too much of a shock to my 10g if I take 50% of the plants to seed my 29g and replace them with new ones?

I would do 25% instead and then replace the others again in a month.

from, Adam

Back
Top Bottom