Getting oranda fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fuj89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone. Can someone give me advise on keeping a oranda Fish?
I saw 1 when I went to my local fish shop and thinking of getting 1.
Are they easy to keep? Any certain things I need on my tank? What sort of setup would a oranda be happy in? Tank size?
Just the general stuff really ?

Thank you

Uhh orandas are goldfish and need a big tank. For 1 oranda maybe around 20galloN's with no other tankmates? They can grow really big so yeah.

Uhh orandas are goldfish and need a big tank. For 1 oranda maybe around 20galloN's with no other tankmates? They can grow really big so yeah.
Yeah I just want 1 oranda and maybe a sucker fish

Uh, the common plecs get huge and are messy. Id stick to one goldfish, maybe a snail but one suited to the cold water goldfish like

Uh, the common plecs get huge and are messy. Id stick to one goldfish, maybe a snail but one suited to the cold water goldfish like
Hi I didn't know they can messy and can you get snails for cold water Fish? Il look into it now thanks a lot

You should really research about fancy goldfish like orandas before getting into one. They are better kept with other goldfish. You need at least 20 galon per fish, very good filtration a cycled tank and good oxygenation.

Back
Top Bottom