Getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of the ones I got last sunday, lost one of the ottos and one of the amano shrimp.
Got two more ottos, and 4 more amano shrimp(thought I had lost the other amano, until he made an appearance when the new ones were added).
Of the plants that I added last week, the other is an anubias nana. Also hooked the air pump to a regular airstone, and adjusted the timer so that during the day, my indicator stays a nice green, and at night the pump runs all night. In the morning, the indicator is starting to pick up a yellowish tint to the green.
Had to replace the powerhead I was using for the CO2, seeing as the one I was using quit on me. Not fun. Finally getting the algae in check, and the pump quits, letting the CO2 drop, and the algae take off. Got an aquaclear 10 powerhead, and the quick filter attachment(catch anything before it makes into the reactor) to replace the old power head. Lesson learned, always buy a good brand of equipment, and if you can't remember when you bought it, might want to think twice about using it.

The ottos are fun to watch. It's like they run around "sampling" the algae before they settle on a batch to eat(lots to choose from at the moment). The shrimp on the other hand seem to like the more shaded areas during the day.
As soon as I get my camera working again, I'll take some pictures for you all to see.

Sorry Man. I have no clue as to the problem but just wanted to say hello.

Here's some pics of my final setup.
100_3061.jpg

That's the full view of my tank. Got the picture right as Barry was spinning to grab a mosquito from right over the water(one of the huge ones).
The tubing in the middle in the back is for my CO2 setup. The rest of the setup is behind the tank.

Back
Top Bottom