getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

don0101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 20g high fish tank with a 110 aquaclear filter and a 20g heater what else will i be needing to get started in my brackish tank and is there anything else i should know about it such as are there community and agressive fish please give me some good advice and will that filter be to powerfull i can adjust the power on it also ty for your time :rolleyes:

Im having an extremly hard time reading what you write because you dont use periods. Im sure other people are having the same issue. Try punctuating and im sure you will get more replys:)

don0101 said:
i have a 20g high fish tank with a 110 aquaclear filter and a 20g heater what else will i be needing to get started in my brackish tank and is there anything else i should know about it such as are there community and agressive fish please give me some good advice and will that filter be to powerfull i can adjust the power on it also ty for your time :rolleyes:

I would get community fish to start, but that's up to you. Since you have a high tank, I would try to get top middle and bottom swimmers. If your doing brackish you need the salt, filter will be fine, and as you said its adjustable.

Before stocking your tank, have you looked at fishless cycling? You cannot just fill the tank with water and add the fish as this will most likely be fatal to them.

Also, a good liquid test kit is a must. The API master test kit is what I use. This will allow you to know what's in your water and if its within safe parameters for your fish. Don't waste your money on the dipstick test.
Sent from my Droid using Aquarium

Agree with whitewidow. The most important thing at this point is properly cycling the tank... and while it is cycling you can research what kind of fish to get.

Check out the thread below... it will help you understand the nitrogen cycle and how to properly start up your tank.
Tips and tricks for your fastest fishless cycle!

Back
Top Bottom