ghost shrimp question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
my snail and chinease alge eater both have passed and iim considering gettin ghost shrimp as a scavenger/ cleaner but i dont know how many to get and my lfs allways runs out when i need them most if there outa ghost shrimp what elsr should i consider?

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

Ghost shrimp would be a nice addition. Depending on your tank size, you could get 5-20 of them (will not effect your bio-load). If they do good for a little while, you could start to consider getting Red cherry shrimp or amano shrimp (a little pricey though).

i got a 15g with a fire dg and 4 neon tetra my lfs dosnt stock the other shrimp id order them of foster&smith liive aquaria but i need something now for the time being

What about a nerite snail (Does not reproduce in FW), They are great algae eaters and will not grow real big (make sure to have a source of algae).

tyspot1000 said:
What about a nerite snail (Does not reproduce in FW), They are great algae eaters and will not grow real big (make sure to have a source of algae).

idk if lfs has them and i have minimal algae i need a scavengerore than anything thatl eat leftover food and from past expierance ghosts are the best choice im just not sure of a number

Back
Top Bottom