Giant pikehead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks I'll be getting the tank in April, I'll look over the species more

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are all these fish yiuve mentioned readily available to you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Many of them are available near me, I'll order the others from liveaquaria

If you havnt purchased the tank yet?? Bigger.. much much bigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I cannot it will not fit where I can put it

First off, I have a few questions. Do you currently have any of these? Is there something specific you have your heart set on?
I think you will quickly find that 75g is NOT as big as it sounds when trying to stack in predators. Also, those crocodile fish are mostly suggested for a species only tank. The red tailed barracuda reaches 11 inches in length and isn't suggested for a community, and especially not with aggressive or territorial fish. The needlenose gar is another example of a fish that doesn't play well with others.
With a lot if these species, you are looking at aggression and not just mouth size. I think you would be best served by focusing on just a couple things.
Are the fist fish you listed the ones you most have your heart set on? If so, then we can certainly help you out a bit with some details.

Research is key when putting predatory species togheter in one tank!

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Yes I have my heart set on the south american leaf fish, crocodile fish, African butterfly fish and some type of knifefish

Before going into the specifics of your stock, you didn't answer if you had any of these already. Also, before I give you any advice about specific species, do you have a profile of your water chemistry? Like, the pH and hardness ect? These species are mostly wild caught and sensitive, so some of these might not be options for you. It would be best to figure that out first before getting your heart set on anything.

Back
Top Bottom