Giant pikehead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LynxRocks28

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Will a giant pikehead coexist with a South American leaf fish, leopard ctenopoma african knifefish and African butterfly?

Will a giant pikehead coexist with a South American leaf fish, leopard ctenopoma african knifefish and African butterfly?

Tank size? And what exactly is a giant pike head?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Like northern pike? The ones u fish for? Sorry just trying to make sure we're thinking about the same species

Ok thank god cas if it were a giant pike I was starting to wonder if you've lost your marbles ???as for the species ur talking about do u know the scientific name?

Yea he should work out with the fish you already have. Make sure you get him relatively young though so he has a chance to "grow up" with them

I was thinking of maybe putting in a few other oddball/predator species with these, what else would work well

It's going to eat anything that will fit in its mouth, if it's anything like actually pike it will attack fish up to a 1/3 it's size. What else would you out in the tank ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Noo, well actually.. whatever you'd like as it's your tank.. maybe a bit of research beforehand.. that's an aweful lot of money to waste..

As far as what?

So you have a 75gal? You want a lot of fish with some big guys? You want one BIG fish that will eat smaller fish??

What about a needlenose gar or red tail barracuda

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

May want to reread the forum guidelines.. mainly the responsible keeping practices;)

Back
Top Bottom