Glass or Acrylic, All-in-One or Canister Filtration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZoomyDu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
The title pretty much says it all. BTDT? Advice, opinions, etc...?

I've been running a 5g glass heavily planted nano aquarium for 6 months or so and really like it. Eventually I have my sights set on a 30-45g community tank set-up (in part because my plants in my little tank have gone insane and there's barely any room left for my betta, African dwarf frog, and nerite snail to move about). I've been eyeing one of these for a while, since they are so similar to what I'm already working with, but I wonder if they might be better suited for a reef tank and if a canister filter might be preferable for a planted tropical tank. :confused:
JBJ Rimless Nano Cube Aquarium: All-in-one Aquariums
I like the durability of glass, but am paranoid about greater potential for leaks on the main floor of a house. Or is my paranoia completely unfounded?
:thanks: in advance for any words of wisdom.

I like my glass tanks & canister filters. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

All my tanks are glass. I like using both canister and HOBs. Depends on the tank but right now all my tanks have 2 filters. 2 tanks have a canister:hob combo other tank has 2 HOBs

I have always used glass and external canister filters, usually two on a tank over 50g. I like the flexibility of the canister filters and the comfort of having two, cleaning them alternately to prevent mini cycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Interesting...I hadn't even considered the possibility of 2 filters.

Back
Top Bottom