glowlight tetras plus betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spencelee10

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm about a week away from finishing my fishless cycle and am looking for stocking options. I originally got this tank to give my betta a bigger space but I don't want to leave him by himself. I've been told by many people on here that neons should go ok with my betta. Is the same true for glowlights? If so could I keep 4 glowlights 5 neons the betta and some ghost shrimp in the 10 gallon?

Thanks for the help. Has anyone had a good experience with keeping glowlight/neons with a betta

I kept neons in with a betta while I went to university. I think I had about 5-6 neons + betta in a 10gal tank, IIRC. Worked out just fine... the neons minded their own business and the betta just did his float around the tank thing.

Coincidentally, I have the same exact setup. The glowlights school and do their own thing while the betta does his. After the first couple of days they all got comfortable around each other.

No chasing or any fin nips at all. I think it's an excellent combo.

I would stick to one school only. I think having two of them would make the tank over stocked (4+5+1=10, 10 fish in a 10 gallon..thats doesn't seem good).

I agree, I'd do either 5 neons OR 5 glowlights, plus the betta.

Back
Top Bottom