Goldfish vs. Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd go with the following:

4 juvenile angels (they'll pair off when they get bigger and sell one pair)
7 neons
1 brislenose pleco
and possibly some corys

Would the angels eat shrimps? Also, what kind of fish stand out colorwise? I want all the colors of teh rainbow! :D

Would the angels eat shrimps? Also, what kind of fish stand out colorwise? I want all the colors of teh rainbow! :D

The angels probably would eat the shrimps while they're molting. You could get bigger tetras, platys, guppies or mollies.

I tried guppies but they make too many babies too fast. I want tetras but i'm deathly afraid of neon tetra disease! Also, side note, how do i retain crystal clear water? Even though I do partial water changes, my tank for some reason has a brownish yellow hue when i look at it from the side.

If you only have male guppies you'll have all the color with none of the babies lol. And there are other tetras besides neons.

I tried guppies but they make too many babies too fast. I want tetras but i'm deathly afraid of neon tetra disease! Also, side note, how do i retain crystal clear water? Even though I do partial water changes, my tank for some reason has a brownish yellow hue when i look at it from the side.

Don't feed them live foods such as tubifex, quarantine them, and you should be fine. The brownish color may be algae on the glass. If you do like guppies, just get all male or all female.

The guppies I find in stores in San Diego come only in orange or black. There's not a lot of variety.
I know there's other kinds of tetras but aren't they also susceptible to NTD? I like orange von rios! My tank other tank right now (29G) has alot of orange in there from the guppies. Are there any other bottom feeders, that are small, besides cory's? I have 3 right now and I want more variety! Sorry i'm so picky lol.

If you only have male guppies you'll have all the color with none of the babies lol. And there are other tetras besides neons.
You have to be picky when picking guppies. It isn't rare that the LFS mixes up male with female, especially when they're smaller.

How big do guppies get? I saw the biggest, awesomest looking guppy half an hour ago at petco but I didn't get him
The "Maximum" size is usually 2 inches. Sometimes, it can go a bit beyond that. Males are also relatively smaller.

This male must've broken a record, ill get him tomorrow if he's still there. I was taken aback, so ill try to measure him too.
Make sure it's not a female. Very easy to confuse them if you don't pay attention.

Just look up how to sex guppies, it's not that hard once you get a few comparisons.

Back
Top Bottom