Good Schooling Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annie J

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Guys!:)
So was wondering what are some good schooling fish? :confused: I've heard rummy nose tetras are the best schoolers but I haven't seen any around. I'm going to do a little restocking just adding new fish. Not starting from scratch!
I have at the moment in my 26g:

FILTER: AquaClear 30

1 shy dwarf gourami

1 very placid rainbow shark

3 friendly platy

7 active zebra danios

(I would like to say that I KNOW THAT THE RAINBOW SHARK WILL EVENTUALLY OUTGROW THE TANK!:cool:)

So let the mind run wild, I was thinking colourful, smallish, placid fish!:fish2:

I like the Harlequin Rasbora and Neon Tetras so maybe?

:thanks:

I have 9 Rasbora' in my 15g, they just kind of float about looking awesome - i love mine. Not too active, until feeding time though - but from my experience they aren't the type of fish that hide.

My rummynose tetras stay tight pretty much all the time, very cool looking too!

Thanks for your replies! I saw about 10 Harlequin Rasbora in a 5ft Discus tank. I was drooling,
THEY LOOKED SO PRETTY!!!!!!

My rummynose tetras stay tight pretty much all the time, very cool looking too!

I have 9 Rasbora' in my 15g, they just kind of float about looking awesome - i love mine. Not too active, until feeding time though - but from my experience they aren't the type of fish that hide.

+1 on both of these. I have 8 RNT in my 55g and they stay together 98% of the time and I have 12 HR in my 40B and they stay together 80% of the time. So both are good choices. Here is a link to my video of my RB'S schooling Harlequin Rasboras Schooling - YouTube
I don't have video of my rnt but i can make one. BTW sorry for the quality this is done through my cell phone

I just got 6 Burmese Goldring Danios, they look like little yellowish trout, very active & good at schooling . Not shy at all .

I love danios Rodeo one!! They keep the tank moving! Unfortunately I haven't seen any Goldrings. :'(

I just got 6 Burmese Goldring Danios, they look like little yellowish trout, very active & good at schooling . Not shy at all .
I just checked out these guys on google, sweet looking fish, I do like how much they resemble trout!

Back
Top Bottom