got a list of stocking for my 20g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiteout

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello my 20 is almost finished cycling wanted to get a list got a of potential fish was thinking:

Black phantom tetras 5x
Dg 1x maybe 2
Cory 2x (I've kept them in that size and were very social)

I want a decent size school would skirt tetras school with the bpt?

And mods to my list is appreciated

Thanks in advance for the help my tank is also decently planted.

Is it a 20L or 20H? If it is a 20H the tetras will be happier as they have room to move up and down. As for Dwarf Gouramis, a piar is the only way to safely do two in that size tank. I'd look into the pigmy types of Gaouramis to complement the tetras. The corys at least two, here again pigmys would allow for more. They don't have much of a bioload.

You'll need more corys than that. 2 isn't enough. I also think it would be helpful if you had 7 tetras instead of 5. So maybe:

1 dg
7 bp tetras
7 corys

You could alter that, so maybe 8 tetras and 6 corys, but keep it at around that number of fish.

So went to pet store and ended up getting 1 dg and a ram so I might just get more rams and do away with the tetras

The dg and the ram may not get along, and rams don't school, so in that size tank you can't really have much more than a pair. I would try to return either the ram or the dg and stick with the suggested stock.

The ram and dg r doing good together so I can't get more then one ram ?

The dg is in my other tank now what fish can b kept with the gbr

I'd shoot for 8 black phantoms, 6 cories, 1 ram and call it a day. Maybe look into some inverts.

Inverts are anything without a backbone, (vertebrae), so mostly just shrimp and snails, with some other rarities like freshwater lobsters and clams.

Red cherry shrimp (RCS) are interesting, and great for beginners. So are amano shrimp.

I've been looking for rcs at my lfs but all they have r ghost shrimp freshwater clams i've heard r hard to keep and lobsters r awesome

The ram and dg r doing good together so I can't get more then one ram ?

What type of ram? And you shouldnt get any in a 20h. A 20L would do it but they dont have enough space in the small length if that tank. Get rid of the ram and keep the rest.

A single ram is fine in a 20h, but I wouldn't recommend more than one. I also would err against having one with a DG in that size, but it is possible depending on the personality of the fish.

Back
Top Bottom