Got some advice from my local pet store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
veru... i have always maintained that i think he should take the advice of this forum. I give up, you all can run new comers out if you want with the tactics we have seen in this thread. I find it absurd that some of you suggest people get out of the hobby when people dont take your advice offered up. Though this site is FULL of knowledgeable people, that do understand the hobby, there is no reason at all to say things like "maybe they shouldn't do this hobby"... its ridiculous. As an example, I see over and over and over again on this site, people pushing people to do it their way, slandering the cycle with fishy method. I have had several aquariums, and I usually stock some hearty fish when I first set it up. Maintianed properly, with the water changes, testing, and maintaining safe levels the cycle balances out over time just as the fish-less cycle with no ill effects. Im sorry if some of you see this as "mean" however I find that this system works more smoothly as ammonia is produced at a steady rate by the tanks inhabitants rather than dropping a raw shrimp in and allowing it to continually release large quantity of ammonia while it breaks down.

Urgh, like I said, I give up on this topic, but this is a response out of my frustration. To assume that people should fall victim to your standards of how you see it fit to run a tank in this hobby or "find a different hobby" when they join this site is blatently wrong.... and im done.

this topic is being locked for a brief cooling off period before it deteriorates further.

unlocked, please take a deep breath and remember to keep it kind
when posting.

Back
Top Bottom