Gourami and shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like all gouramis, it's impossible to say for sure. Some will, some won't.

If it's planted and there are plenty of hiding spots you should be OK.

The full grown shrimp should be fine, but any babies will probably get sucked up for lunch.

Oh they will for sure eat the babies..almost all fish will. But they can be little stinkers, and are definitely capable of eating adult shrimp if they decide to.

Yeah I haven't seen any shrimp pecking behaviors from my threadfins either.

If it's planted and there are plenty of hiding spots you should be OK.

I had RCS in with sparkling gouramis with a bunch of java moss for the RCS to hide in, but the gouramis would constantly hang out in the moss, likely hunting the RCS. I ended up separating them into different tanks.

I think other micro fish that dwell at the surface more, like harlequin espys (aka porkchop rasbora), emerald eye rasbora, and celestial pearl danio (aka galaxy rasbora), would be a better choice for the smaller shrimp species.

When I first added a trio of sparklers with some CPO's, which of course are much larger than RCS, they seemed to eye them like "hmm, lunch?"..and then at one point I did find one half eaten in their tank..but couldn't tell for sure if it had died of natural causes. I agree they are probably the least trustworthy of the fish their size.

Back
Top Bottom