Gourami dies!! Pls help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punkyfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I brought a beautiful dwarf gourami a few weeks back an he settled in really well, was eating getting along with the other fish etc. Then one morning I found him swimming around in small circles frantically an hitting his head. Then he jus looked as though he gave up and laid at the bottom and died. All of my other fish are fine. An the gourami still looked healthy no wounds or obvious disease an radiant colours. I jus don't no what happened. Can anyone help ??

Is the tank cycled? What are the levels of ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates in the tank??? How often do you do your PWC? What size tank is he in?

Its a 300 litre tank we do water changes every couple of weeks an the tank is fully cycled ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20.

Punkyfish said:
Its a 300 litre tank we do water changes every couple of weeks an the tank is fully cycled ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20.

It's possible he was bullied to death by other fish. What are his tank mates? Any aggression you've seen in the tank lately???

Did you notice if his color faded out at all? Some of the gouramis sold at stores are very fragile and, from what I understand, carry a disease specific to that species. I lost mine to it. Healthy one day, downhill fast after that.

Tank mates were 2 blue rams which he made friends with, four cherry barbs. 2 corys, 3 lamp eyes an an apple snail. I didn't see any bullying but maybe. His colour was very bright right till the end no fading at all .

I've lost 4 out of 5 honey gouramis. With the exception of the one that died today none of them showed any signs of trouble, they just dropped dead. I had had some of the for nearly two months. This last one was severely bloated, but the others looked perfectly fine. I even had one that was swimming around just happy as can be and then was dead when I went back 45 minutes later.

Sorry to hear you are having the same kind of issue.

Back
Top Bottom