Gravel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yahooandgoogle

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's the best aquarium gravel for tanks? I wanted a natural one. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not a fan of gravel myself but small brown pebbles would probably give the best natural feel.

Caleb

I went for fine, rounded gravel (browns and whites) which was cheap in bulk but then got some black aquarium gravel to mix in and give the gravel more contrast.

I usually go with sand over gravel for the more natural look. But the gravel i used to use was a very small sized river gravel. It was a mixture of shades of brown and white. I think i got it from meijers.

Yeah I prefer sand as well. I had blue gravel in my one tank and hated it.

I bought some Seachem Flourite and i really like it. I had to wash it...several times. But, once all of the fine particles are washed out it is a really nice substrate.

Here was an attempt I made at natural ish gravel. Didn't achieve what I wanted so I'm changing out to eco complete.

Attachments

• 1433565144102.jpg
    1433565144102.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 97
Thanks everyone for your help I appreciate it :)

This is the type of gravel I bought for my 20g. I like it because it's not as large as gravel (about 1x-2x smaller) but it isn't sand either and has a nice dark brown color to it. It's all-natural and looks exactly like the picture in person. Tell us what you end up choosing! (y)

Hi I ended up going for gravel like river gravel it had some nice light and brown very natural looking looks nice the fish are much happier! Thanks everyone

Hi I ended up going for gravel like river gravel it had some nice light and brown very natural looking looks nice the fish are much happier! Thanks everyone

No problem! Would love to see the tank!

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom