Gravel or sand????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wait I have a better idea do have a pair or pantyhose you can use well destroy? If not I'd use a sock to cover the filter intake.

Sand will give you the option to buy bottom dwelling fish, but it also clouds your water. Depends on what fish you want to buy

It will catch the fine sediment and protect the filter from possibly getting damaged by it

Current water test is:
Nitrate is 0
Nitrite is 0
Ammonia is 1.0

Water test is good right?

Do a pwc ammonia at 1 is way too high 0.25 is a max

I guess I did ok with Rinsing the sand. It's clearing up.

Attachments

• image-3891939136.jpg
    image-3891939136.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 60
My wife actually came up with the best solution ever when I didn't rinse my sand well enough do to horsefly attacks outside-
Coffee Filters! Rubber band 2 around the intake valve, change every2-3 hours, tank was cleared by 10pm at night (first filter paper went on around 9-10am)

My wife actually came up with the best solution ever when I didn't rinse my sand well enough do to horsefly attacks outside-
Coffee Filters! Rubber band 2 around the intake valve, change every2-3 hours, tank was cleared by 10pm at night (first filter paper went on around 9-10am)

That's a good idea too. The sock worked well until it got clogged up enough to stop letting water in.

Good call, I see you possess the most important aspect of fish keeping and life for that matter. Logic hard to find sometimes

Good call, I see you possess the most important aspect of fish keeping and life for that matter. Logic hard to find sometimes

Parameters are:
PH 6.8
Ammonia 1.0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5

Is my tank cycling over again?

Last water test. Feedback please.

Attachments

• image-1318522886.jpg
    image-1318522886.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 43
  • image-2427560677.jpg
    image-2427560677.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 38
  • image-3099980419.jpg
    image-3099980419.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 41
Last water test. Feedback please.

You need to do a large pwc retest a couple hours later then probably another large pwc

Ammonia should be .25 or lower, nitrite (blueish one) needs to be 0

Back
Top Bottom