Great product for setting up a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nemokeeper

Aquarium Advice Regular
Recently I decided to set up another tank. I placed the tank on a kids work desk, but had some concerns about how level or flawed it was. After hearing horror stories of tank explosions because of defective stands, I decided to put a cushion underneath. A lady at my LFS told me to use styrofoam, but I thought that it would look cheap under the tank and eventually fall apart.
I found this interlocking foam mat that is used for kids play rooms. It is nice and dense and comes in various colors. You just cut it to the size of your tank and it works and looks great. Bought the stuff at Home Depot.
I found it useful and thought I would pass it along.

Actually I was at Lowe's hardware store and saw a guy coming out with tone of those interlocking (king of like lego's or a puzzle) mats. You can also buy similar foam at Michael's.

That is a great idea! It is dense enough to last a while, but cushiony enough to allow the tank to settle into it somewhat.

Great idea!

I didn't put anything under my tank because the stand is sitting on a deep pile carpet with a generous pad underneath and the floor is level.

I've seen these interlocking pads in Home Depot in the carpet department.

I can't remember how much I paid for them, but they work great for standing on cement for any length of time. It really saves the old knees. And it is dense enough so that water can't seep in and cause mold and other slimy things.

Back
Top Bottom