Green alage everywhere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
Green Spot alage to be precise, I've tried everything from blackouts lasting for weeks, to feeding only every three day, to buying otos to try help control it. I even use come to use ro/di water. I just can't beat it so I've come down to the last resort, algaecide. Is thier any type of this out there safe for fish with out scales. I have khuli loaches.

I'm using ro/di water. That should take care of it shouldn't it? My saltwater test kit always test negative for phosphates and it's the exact same water just without the salt mix

It's fresh. I just have a ro/di filter that I use for both tanks. My saltwater is almost completely free of algae while my fresh is still covered in green spot algae.

It's fresh. I just have a ro/di filter that I use for both tanks. My saltwater is almost completely free of algae while my fresh is still covered in green spot algae.

Ok. Green spot is normally a sign of low phosphate. You can buy some potassium phosphate dry salts and add them to the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you both. This has been really helpful. I've order something that should help me rise the phosphate in my FW. Now time to see if it will work

Back
Top Bottom