guppies and dwarf gourami ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ave

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 male guppies and my husband is hounding me about our next fish being a male dwarf gourami. Do you think they will get along in a 20 gal tank? We have 2 platies and a molly in there too, but the guppies are so small, and I worry about them. Just wondering if anyone has had personal experience with these two fish.

Dwarf gouramis are very aggressive, and would eat the guppies in about 2 weeks. Maybe try a honey sunset dwarf gourami, they aren't too aggressive.

My bad, thinking of the normal gourami. Those are really aggressive!
Dwarf gourami CAN get aggressive, but I don't think they normally do. Still, if one grows big enough, it will probably nip at the guppies.

My bad, thinking of the normal gourami. Those are really aggressive!
Dwarf gourami CAN get aggressive, but I don't think they normally do. Still, if one grows big enough, it will probably nip at the guppies.

No problem. I wasn't saying you were wrong. Actually I was thinking THEY were probably wrong LOL

Anyway, glad to know I could try introducing them to my tank. Cheers.

Thanks for the help. I think I will try to add a male DG when my tank has cycled.

I have 2 dwarf gouramis with mollys, rainbows, angels and a guppy. I even have a smaller baby molly. The dg are very peaceful and keep to themselves

Back
Top Bottom