hardy fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've also read that Zebra Danios, White Clouds, and Cherry or Tiger Barbs are good fish as well but I've never had any experience with these fish so couldn't tell you from experience. I cycled mine with my tetras

The hardier ones are. Neons are not hardy. You'd really have to ask which species it is. It was wrong of the above poster to clump them all together.

No Bettas won't be able to stand all that fog. And I have had experience with this before. My neons and ghost shrimp survived it though.

LyndaB said:
The hardier ones are. Neons are not hardy. You'd really have to ask which species it is. It was wrong of the above poster to clump them all together.

Your right lynda and I apologize. Here let me be more specific, some good tetras are black skirts, serpae tetras, emperor tetras, and I've read blood fins but can't tell you for sure on that one. Tetras such as cardinals and neons will be affected through the cycling. Please take note though that some of the tetras suggested can be aggressive so before deciding on a fish to cycle with make sure to do allot of research on the fish and compatible tank mates.

I cycled my daughters 10 gal with zebra danios, neon tetras, and a beta. They are all still happy and healthy but I was doing water changes sometimes three times a day to keep ammonia nitrites and nitrates down. I am not saying these are the best fish to cycle with. I didnt know any better at the time but vigilant water changes are a must for any fish in cycle

Nimo so you cycle the tank with betta fish? if then, did the betta fish have hard time surviving?

No he had no problems but like I said when levels started climbing I had about 3 weeks in a row that water changes were done 3 times a day, I didn't know you was not suppose to use beta for cycle until I had fallen in love with him and then I just wanted to make sure I was doing everything possible to keep him safe, used Prime with every water change to detox water and just kept doing changes until tank was cycled

Back
Top Bottom