Has anyone used aquavital bactosprint to help with cycling their tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wayne1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone, I'm new to fish keeping and like so many of us I was given the advice that I could add fish after tank was running for three days. I'm now in the middle of a fish in cycle and just want to know if I can speed it up in anyway. The guy at my Lfs told me to add aquavital bactosprint but I've heard bad things about bottled bacteria. Has anyone used it? Is it any good?

Most people here will tell you that bottled bacteria are a waste of money.

The truth is that some of them sometimes work and other times don't. It's a gamble, really. I'd say it's worth a try if you've already bought it or have the money to spare. Haven't heard of that particular brand though.

Good luck!

Thanks for replying, I hadn't heard of it either. Can't find much info on the Internet either. Apparently the bacteria is freeze dried and only becomes active when mixed with some liquid supplied in the bottle??? I'll give it a go anyway. What harm could it do?

I think so long as it doesn't list a whole lot of ammonia as an ingredient, it shouldn't cause any harm. You may want to wait for a more experienced user to share their opinion, though!

Bb in a bottle is a crapshoot. You're better off cycling naturally because you don't have to deal with the risk off an unstable colony.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom