Has the worst past??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopefulHobbiest

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my tank has been cycling for 7 weeks and 1 day according to calendar...

For the last two days my levels have been:

Ph 7.6
Ammo 0
Rite 0
Rate 10

Would you say at this point I'm good to go??

As long as Amm and Trite are zero's then you are cycled.

Was this fish IN or fishless cycled?

Jon

Thank you so much, I'm do glad I don't have to freak out every day anymore... Is there any advice you can give me on where to go from here?? Weekly water change %? How often should I test my tank?

I have a 55G :)

I have a well planted 50g.

I test once a week and change around 20% per week.

But every tank is different.

image-4191490072.jpg

image-3326919350.jpg

Weekly testing and 50% PWC are pretty standard in this hobby.

Only when you know your tank can you alter certain things.

Jon

I'd do a 50% weekly. Maybe invest in a water changer like python, I use aqueon. $40 at Petsmart or online. Saves a ton of hassle! Also maybe check out www.aqadvisor.com. Select your tank, filter and stock. It will tell you your stocking level and filtration capacity based on fishes bio loads. Along with compatability and suggested temp, etc. I like to play around with it for my community tanks. Doesn't do me any good for my cichlid tanks because its way overstocked lol!

That's an awesome tank Jon!

Fish, I grabbed a water changer this past weekend lol. 5 gallon buckets are no fun at all.
I'll definitely have to check out that website to see what my options are.

Also not sure if it matters on this instance but I'm running both an aquaclear 70 & 110 on my 55 :)

That's plenty of filtration. The 70 would be sufficent itself but the 110 makes it even better. Can't have enough IMO! AC's are excellent filters! I use them on my tanks also. :)

i love the AC's so far, they are soooo quiet and i enjoy the sound of the falling water so i have nothing to complain about :) and there are also tons of mix and match inserts v.s. the "Standard Pouch" method lol

FishyBusiness said:
That's plenty of filtration. The 70 would be sufficent itself but the 110 makes it even better. Can't have enough IMO! AC's are excellent filters! I use them on my tanks also. :)

How many tanks do u have

I have 2 and my kids each have a 10 g. So I have 4 all together. Drives me nuts because I really don't like small tanks. When my kids get older (my oldest is 4) and they can "share" I'll combine their tanks to a 55 gallon. Maybe I'll even throw in my 20g in there too and get rid of all the small ones lol! Next year I'm wanting to get a 240 or larger tank for my cichlids and do something else with my 90g... Ahhh the possibilities! Lol. :)

Back
Top Bottom