Haven't got a clue on how to improve my aquarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wouldn't the angel fish eat the fins of the guppies?

Sent from my C6603 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had guppies in my tank which was the same size as yours I had no problem with it.
I say try it ,if it is nipping at the guppies fins within 3 days you can return the angel fish
To the pet store most stores allow this but make sure, after returning them you can buy
A new species.

It is unlikely that they will fight because your tank is big enough for the guppies just make
Sure that you are not under feeding them

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Close loaches grow to be about a foot long. You probably shouldn't get one unless you're able to re-home it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm not sure if the angel and gourami will get along in that size tank... mine didnt work in my 29 gallon and i had a dwarf gourami... both species are very territorial I would suggest one or the other.

+1 on the clown loaches growing to big.

I have a school of neons that I really enjoy but they need lots of hiding places if they're going to be kept with a larger fish. As I centerpiece fish you might want to try Bolivians or apistos they can be very peaceful. Or GBR but they're kind of a hit or miss as far as health and are very sensitive to water changes. GBR do best jn heavily planted tanks bc they are sensitive tk nitrates.
Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok here is exactly what I would do
It helps in my opinion to have the tank look as natural as possible
Therefor only sea shaped rocks and coral and plants maybe driftwood should be placed in a natural way in the tank
And fish I prefer the fish to stand out above the decoration
So some different variety of small and big colorful fish I would add

Angelfish(2)
Clown loaches(1)
The Plecoptera you already have(1)
Neon tetras the best in my opinion 7-10
Giant or banded gourami(1)

All go along with each other and perfect for an exiting fish tank

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'd advise against this idea , clowns should be in groups and will grow over 12 inches. When the angels grow they could potentially kill the tetra and out grow the tank, there's a high possibility of them not getting along with gourami in a tank this size also. I think some more tetra and maybe some corys would be a good addition.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't get a clown loach. They like to be in groups of 6 or more and get up to a foot long. They're in the end much too big for that size tank

Oops and I see a lot of people already mentioned no to the clown loaches. I hasn't read all the comments

If it really like the way they look tiger barbs appear similar and don't get as big- pushing it for that size tank too but way better than clowns. I don't know their care specifics other than I think they like softer/more acidic water. (Someone else might weigh in on them)

Tiger barbs are semi-aggressive fish and are also fin-nippers. They may bully an slow moving fish such as angels or gouramis. I've never owned them bc of this, so someone who's had experience may be able to say otherwise

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Id just like to point out that giant gourami's get MASSIVE. No way it would fit in a 29. Is recommend a pearl gourami for your tank. They are very peaceful and docile as well as attractive. It can also Grow up to a possible 6 inches so it can make quite a centrepiece fish.

Update..did a water change, removed all black algea a few days ago did a ph and nitrate test all passed with flying colours now am ready to go get some fish. 1st thing am getting 10 neon tetras and 4more of the tetras that I already have... From what I have read is getting a gourami as a centre piece which is probably the way am headed

Adding live plants? How do I goet around that in an already established tank? Like adding the right gravel and such?

This is what it is currently

Attachments

• 1407929142306.jpg
    1407929142306.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 68
Any gravel would work but u should look more into natural gravel. The blue would be a lil too funky lookinh . What u can do is buy some natural gravel and cap off the blue gravel . Dont remove cause you will have bacteria loss. Just cover it and make sure to wash the new gravel properly. Then get some simple plants such as swords, jungle val and whisteria and burry their roots in the substrate. U can use a few root tabs as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree with Trinidad, just cap off the gravel and use root tabs. Don't use plants that should be tied to drift wood like Java fern and Anubis as I see u don't have driftwood.

By chance what filtration u have on the tank?

By chance what filtration u have on the tank?

What do you mean I just know I have a aqua flow 200 with carbon pads

Well thats what i mean ... that gd enough ...plant it and get addicted lol

One of the guppies in your tank looks gravid from the pic.

One of the guppies in your tank looks gravid from the pic.

That picture was taken 2weeks ago, I don't think she is.

Back
Top Bottom