Hazy water after second day cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's in there.. LR? Cured LR? sand? How fine? Powerheads and sump return running to create flow?

It could be any number of things. Die off from the LR, sand in the water column (I bought much to fine a grain of sand and it seems there's always some floating in the column. Over time it will take on eight from the bacteria and settle or get filtered out. When it really was really bothering me I would hang an old HOB on and let it run overnight.)

Did you mix your salt in the tank?

Doubt it's a bacteria bloom but I suppose it could be.

im sure one of the mods will move it for you... to answer your question though, its more than likely a bacteria bloom... is it a white looking cloud that kind of moves through the tank? it happens with almost all new tanks... nothing to worry about

was it clear the first day? i would guess it's from the substrate and hasn't settled out yet. maybe something like adding more decor stirred it up or something.

was it clear the first day? i would guess it's from the substrate and hasn't settled out yet. maybe something like adding more decor stirred it up or something.

It was clear yesterday during the day into the night then this morning when I woke it was cloudy.

It was clear yesterday during the day into the night then this morning when I woke it was cloudy.

Seems a bit quick for a bacteria bloom. but you never know.

Just kep doing your readings etc and see how it goes

Back
Top Bottom