heater for 90 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
is there a certain brand of heater that I should go with for a 90 gallon tank?

your choice of brands as long as it is 250watts or 300watts depending on how much higher AQ temp is to your home temp. You could also put two 150watt heaters if you're worried about cooking your fish.

your choice of brands as long as it is 250watts or 300watts depending on how much higher AQ temp is to your home temp. You could also put two 150watt heaters if you're worried about cooking your fish.
so a 300watt will be fine? it says 300w for 80 gallons and I will be doing a 90 gallon tank. ofcourse I understand I will not actually have 90 gallons of water in there. I live in a cold climate (Virginia) and my inside winter temp is around 68. this will be enough to keep them warm?
just don't want to get the wrong one and then have to buy another one :ROFLMAO:

Most heaters are pretty reliable. I have Eheim Jager 300w for a 120g, Aqueon Pro 100w for a 20g (at bro's house now), and Marineland Stealth 200w for 29g.

I also heard fluval makes good quality brands. Always read the reviews of the equipment that you're about to buy.

Most heaters are pretty reliable. I have Eheim Jager 300w for a 120g, Aqueon Pro 100w for a 20g (at bro's house now), and Marineland Stealth 200w for 29g.

I also heard fluval makes good quality brands. Always read the reviews of the equipment that you're about to buy.

you do realize that all but the lowest wattage STEALTH heaters have been recalled? They had some expolsive problems with the stealth pro heaters. Aquaeon bought the rights to make the original stealth heaters only they have a led light to tell they are on. Plus they hold temp better than the stealth's. I'm a big visi-therm fan have used them and ebo-jager for 40yrs but my big cichlids kept breaking the glass heaters that is why i went plastic.

Yeah I know about the recall. It doesn't really change my mind about marineland heaters. One recall doesn't ruin the quality of a heater.

Now if there was a long history of problems then I would be concerned.

you do realize that all but the lowest wattage STEALTH heaters have been recalled? They had some expolsive problems with the stealth pro heaters. Aquaeon bought the rights to make the original stealth heaters only they have a led light to tell they are on. Plus they hold temp better than the stealth's. I'm a big visi-therm fan have used them and ebo-jager for 40yrs but my big cichlids kept breaking the glass heaters that is why i went plastic.
I ordered the visi-therm 300w for the 90 gallon. sounds like a good choice?

Back
Top Bottom