Heating 520g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatZelda

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, all.
I have an old 520 gallon tank built into my house that I'm working on setting up. I've never set up this tank before, so I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me how much it would probably cost to heat it to about 84 degrees (it's built into the back of our home theater and is accessed through the wine cellar which has an ambient temperature of around 68 degrees). I intend to put cardinal tetras and ultimately a few discus in this tank.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3157.jpg
    IMG_3157.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 44
OMG OMG OMG that is amazing. Thanks for the pic. I have got to think all your equipment is underneath? I can live vicariously through you.

I'm sorry I don't have the experience to help answer your question. I can only think you might want to contact a business or company that deals with tanks this size. I haven't come across anything of that size on the forums to date. But maybe I missed it.

Awesome, TMaier is right!
Thanks for the pic, you will provide us with tank envy!

I have some of the stuff I need, but I'm probably going to call in an expert to look at it and give me advice for anything else. It's got some old saltwater equipment used by a previous owner of our house, but I think that stuff is past its prime. I'll keep posting as I get it set up.

Sorry, I don't have much advice on this either, I just am super jealous. Do you know is it a sump controlled filter or high pressure canisters? Either way in-line heaters may be the option here.

Back
Top Bottom