Height w/ decos & plants in a column

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TangoTank

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anybody have any tricks, tips, ideas or products they recommend for creating decorative height in a 15 gallon column? I'd like to possibly include plants in the future, so I'd like it to have accommodations for that. I have gravel now but I will probably switch to sand shortly--of course, I didn't find this site til AFTER I bought & set up my fishtank! Thanks in advance!!

You could do manzanita wood as the main centerpiece, then have a bunch of swords in the background. You could also attach some java ferns and Anubias to the manzanita. Along the sides you could maybe have some crypts like Wendtii red and green:)

Austin.b said:
You could do manzanita wood as the main centerpiece, then have a bunch of swords in the background. You could also attach some java ferns and Anubias to the manzanita. Along the sides you could maybe have some crypts like Wendtii red and green:)

Wow... Neat stuff, thanks!! I like the look, reminds me of the bio-spheres you see w/ shrimp in them at Sharper Image/Brookstone, etc. Although I'm not so sure how I feel about those now that I know all this stuff about aquariums! HA!!

Wow... Neat stuff, thanks!! I like the look, reminds me of the bio-spheres you see w/ shrimp in them at Sharper Image/Brookstone, etc. Although I'm not so sure how I feel about those now that I know all this stuff about aquariums! HA!!

no problem! if you want/need anymore help feel free to PM me. Honestly, dont get me started on those mini torture chambers lol what kind of lighting will you have on top of this tank?

Well, right now there's a 12" T5 full spectrum 8w. So I'm dealing w/ low light but my tank location, I could make sure it gets quite a bit of light if I opened my shades a bit.

Well, right now there's a 12" T5 full spectrum 8w. So I'm dealing w/ low light but my tank location, I could make sure it gets quite a bit of light if I opened my shades a bit.

oh ok, just be careful of any algea that may occur with natural sunlight.

Back
Top Bottom