Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now he is in a 20G, but tomorrow I will be staring up the 60G (i.e seeding). I have one BGK about 5 inches. I got the only test they had, API Freshwater Master test kit.

welcome to our forum.i also have black ghost knofe or feather fin in my discus community tank.for your 60 gallon tank you may keep this feather in with discus fish.you keep sandmso do you want to set up a planted tank?you should buy a thermostat rather than a heater.i can help you out if you keep discus fish.there are too many experts in this forum.they also wager to help all.thank you...

I wasn't planning on getting any other fish. This one should be fine as the only fish right? I don't want to get any more fish until I learn more about keeping different kinds of fish and what they require. For the 60G I do have a thermostat so I am all right there. I would like to set up a tank that has live plants in it, they are cheaper than the plastic ones and they are more beneficial to the fish right? Thanks for your input!

you may go for hornwort,anubias sp., anacharis sp,echinodorous sp,jave moss etc.those are good plants.as for fish you should know about the compatible fish...

In my signature there is a link on fishless cycling. I recommend this for the 60g. It will go faster and you can move the fish to it sooner.

I already have all of the information I need for getting the new tank STARTED. I was asking questions about plants and which would be good for the fish NOW. I have high ammonia and I am struggling to get it back down!

just keep doing partial water changes to keep the ammmonia down, and go ahead and get the 60g started so that it will be cycled soon that way you can move the fish to it, then cycle the tank its in now and put fish in it once its cycled... thats about the only thing you can do right now

Ok thanks! Much appreciated! That was the most square, easy to understand answers I have gotten! I think I will jump over to plants and ask some questions now!

if i were you, i would wait on plants at least until you get the cycling taken care of. thats just my opinion, but its going to be much easier to try and keep your fish alive without the added worries of dealing with plants. again, just my opinioin

Ok I will! Maybe I sould take the little plants out of there right now and stick them in some water? He does seem to LOVE rubbing up on them though!

Back
Top Bottom